To obtain a building permit you must supply:
- Copy of your property survey (faxed or reduced copies will not be accepted)
- A detailed plan along with a material list or contractors estimate (whichever applies to your proposed project)
- Contractors workman's compensation insurance if exempt a waiver from the compensation board
Cash, check, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Visa debit are accepted by the Town Clerk as payment.
Permits must be obtained for building activity including but not limited to: residential additions, structural alterations, garages, sheds, fence, pools, decks, satellite dishes (over 18 inches) plumbing, electrical work. In most cases a permit is required for replacement of the above items.
Please note: Permits now required for re-roofing.
The Town of Hamburg is performing electrical inspections as of January 25, 2010. All permits required for electrical must now be obtained from the Building Inspection Office. The Town no longer recognizes any other inspection agencies to perform such inspection services. However, there are electrical permits issued before January 25, 2010 by Commonwealth Electrical Inspection Services that remain open the Town will allow till May 1, 2010 for these permits to be finalized.
Building Permit Fees for the Town, Village of Hamburg & Village of Blasdell
Requirements for the Town of Hamburg
- Above and In-Ground Pools (PDF)
- Accessory Structures (PDF)
- Electrical Wiring Requirements for Permanently Installed Swimming Pools (PDF)
- Fences (PDF)
- Requirements and Applications for Commercial Buildings 5 17 (PDF)
- Requirements and Applications for New Single and Double Family Dwelling (PDF)
- Zoning Regulations (PDF)