Brush & Large Trash Pickup
Town residents are responsible to contract their own weekly garbage collection. There are two companies that have licenses to pick up garbage in the Town of Hamburg:
- Waste Management: 716-496-5000
- Modern Disposal: 800-330-7107
The Town of Hamburg Highway Department offers a number of services to help residents dispose of their brush and rubbish in a timely and environmentally conscious manner. The department normally has two crews move through the town from March through November, weather permitting, collecting residential brush. These crews also pick up bagged leaves during the fall. In addition, town crews conduct a special tree Christmas tree pickup in January.
The town has a contract with Waste Management to conduct a rubbish pickup once a month between April and October. These pickups give residents the opportunity to dispose of up to 100 pounds of rubbish or one large item.
Specific questions about pickups in your area can be answered by the Department's office staff.
Please note: These Brush and Rubbish Pickups are not available to residents of the Villages of Hamburg and Blasdell.
Large Trash - Items to Be Picked Up
- Bagged leaves/trimmings (5 bags)
- Bundled brush - tied and bundled in 4 feet lengths
- Containerized loose rubbish items
- Furniture (one piece)
- Mattress and box spring
- Railroad/landscape ties
- Refrigeration units - Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, etc. (with or without Freon removed)
- Stacked wood
- White goods (appliances, hot water tanks - one item)
Limitations / Requirements
- 100 pound limit per residential household - 50 pounds per container
- Items cut to four foot lengths (excluding furniture)
- Able to be easily lifted by two men
Items Not Picked Up
- Animal fecal material
- Dead animals
- Electronic waste (i.e. televisions, computers)
- Hazardous wastes
- Lead acid batteries
- Municipal solid wastes (garbage)
- Steel drums
- Unbundled brush
- Waste Oil