- You must obtain your marriage license at least 24 hours before your wedding ceremony
- Your marriage license is good for a period of no longer than 60 days
- Both parties must apply together, in person
- You must bring with you at least one of the following to establish proof of age:
- Birth Certificate, Baptismal record or Naturalization record
- AND at least one of the following to establish proof of identity:
- Driver's license, Passport, Employment picture ID or Immigration record.
- If either party is divorced, certified copies must be presented as proof of such
- If previously married, must bring proof of dissolution of all previous marriages. If any required documents are not in English, a CERTIFIED transcription is mandatory.
The cost of a marriage license is $40.00, which is a New York State fee
Anyone applying for a marriage license that is younger than 18 needs consent of both parents. This form is available in the Town Clerk's office. In the case of one parent having legal custody, that parent must bring in the legal decree proving such
No blood test is required
Requesting a copy of a Marriage Certificate
Proof of identity such as a copy of your drivers license is required to obtain a copy of a marriage certificate
The cost of a copy of a marriage certificate is $10.00