Main Senior Services phone: 716-646-0665. Current front desk hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Available Activities / Services
- Lunch Program
- Fitness Programs
- Health Insurance Counseling (HIICAP) is available for individual appointments each month. Call 646-0665 for appointment dates and times (usually the 1st and 4th Wednesday).
- The Senior Van Service will continue taking reservations for:
- Medical appointments within Hamburg and adjoining municipalities, i.e. Orchard Park, West Seneca, Lackawanna, South Buffalo (up to Clinton Road, west of Transit Road)
- Grocery shopping on Tuesday and Thursday
- Adult Day program and current programs at Hamburg Senior Community Center
- Wheelchair service is available within the Town and on a limited basis outside of the Town.
- Safety protocols: Wearing of masks at all times, hands sanitized, frequently touched areas are cleaned/disinfected between pickups, only 1 passenger at a time (possibly 2 or 3 in bigger vehicles).
- AARP Driver Safety Classes are scheduled for on-site classes at the Hamburg Senior Community Center (HSCC). Depending on COVID status, based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), classes may be cancelled. Call 716-646-0665 to verify classes in which you may be interested.
- University Express classes will be held at HSCC for the fall session, in October and November. Topics and dates/times will be posted once determined. Seating will be limited. Masks are mandated as well as social distancing. Also, there continue to be presentations online at the University Express website.
Thank you for your understanding during this crisis. We will keep you informed of more developments that concern Senior Services and the Senior Community Center.