The Town of Hamburg Youth Bureau was established in 1967 to assist area residents and law enforcement agencies in handling problems involving its youth population.
The Youth Bureau's main objective is to coordinate available services to youth, and to aid in delinquency prevention programs in the community. It is the main referral for all services to youth in Hamburg Township.
Programs & Services
Youthful Offender Programs
- Collins Corrections Visit: Currently this program is not running due to COVID- 19 and the Variants. Collins Correctional Programs are conducted by staff and inmates at the correctional facility, small groups of youth are taken to meet with inmates. During theses sessions, the consequences of poorly thought out decisions are seen first-hand and discussed dramatically.
- Choices: Responsible Decision-making class offers a workshop utilizing small group discussion, activity worksheets, and a video presentation to explore personal choices and consequences. These workshops are held at Hamburg Town Hall on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Referrals from Court: Costs $50-residents, and $60 non-residents.
- Court Mandated Community Service: The Town of Hamburg Community Service Program assists youth in fulfilling community service hours mandated by the Courts or Juvenile Officer. On Saturdays and Sundays the youth volunteer downtown at St. Vincent De Paul soup kitchen from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Hamburg YES - Youth Engaged in Service: Young people who reside in the Hamburg or Frontier school district and attend Middle or High School can volunteer with their peers to help the elderly, people with special needs, young children, and local non-profit organizations. This volunteerism strengthens their ties to the community. Bimonthly newsletters are mailed directly to the volunteer with the volunteer opportunities for the month. All time spent volunteering is tracked and recorded for future needs of the student. Email the YES Program.
- Kids Clothes Closet: Gently used clothing available at no charge, for infants to teens. Please call for an appointment at 716-826-2228.
Town of Hamburg Drug Free Communities Coalition
The Town of Hamburg Drug Free Communities Coalition is comprised of collaborating community members in an effort to promote responsible decision making that will lead to the prevention and reduction of substance abuse. To learn more, visit the Drug Free Communities Coalition page.
Kids Doing Water Colors
Helping the Hamburg Adult Day Service Participants at the Erie County Fair
Setting Up for the Holiday Toy Drive
Movie Nights at the Hamburg Town Park Beach
Face Painting at the Lake View Community Association Christmas Party
2016 Youth Bureau Awards Banquet Group Photo
Youth at Snack Table